Monday, September 19, 2016

PBL Blog

Hi Guys and welcome back to my blog.
It's Liske here, I hope you enjoyed my last post! Over the last term we have been doing something called PBL that stands for Project Based Learning. What we are doing in rimu hub is a project about a Olympic sport. Since the Olympics were going on ( who did really well and I am very proud of our athletes) we had to pick a sport and a project. I picked BMX because it something that I have never done before and for my project I made a model of the BMX track.
Here are some photos of the BMX Track:            
I also did a reflection all about my experience and what I learnt.
Here is the reflection:
OLYMPIC PBL REFLECTION
Project Topic: Bmx Model


Photo/Screenshot of Project (insert below)






Finish these starters:
  • Something I enjoyed about my project was after creating because when I got to show everybody I was really proud and when I got to show Mr G I was even Prouder.

  • The most challenging thing about my project was having a rough time with it getting a bit broken because it was really hard to fix it when one of the sides had been ripped.

  • The main skill I got better at was learning how to highlight the key words. I got better at it by doing lots of highlighting through docs about BMX.

  • Something interesting I learnt was that BMX which had started many years ago had only been at the olympics since 2008 in beijing.              

  • What I would most like to change about my project is to change the colour the bumps because then it would be more like the rio track.


  • I would like to do my next PBL about is baking because I love baking and I think that I could still learn some new tips.

Choose three learning muscles and explain how you used them during your PBL.


Perseverance- when my track had been broken I used my perseverance to get through and fix it.


Absorption- I was really absorbed into creating the track as it was fun and I learnt lots.
Noticing- I used my Noticing muscle at the start when I had a look at a few Images before and going to notice what they have done and see if mine could be similar to theirs.
Create a Description of Your Project
This needs to have either video or audio. You can use any app you like. Include a link here. You will embed it as part of your Reflection PBL Blog Post.
Script:
Hi I’m Liske, and today I am going to be sharing a little description about my project . In rimu hub we call it PBL which stands for Project Based Learning. Our PBL had to be something about the Olympics. I chose BMX because it is something that I do not know much about and it is something that I wanted to learn about. I think that my project turned out amazing and there wasn't much more that I could do to make it better. I am really proud of my project because it started of just a piece of cardboard and turned out to be awesome. It was hard to find the right supplies to make the model because some of them were hard to get. I am lucky to have a orchard because my limestone that I used came from there. I also didn’t just make a model I did a lot of research about BMX and how it started. I gathered lots of info during this term about BMX. I hope you like my project because I am really proud of it. Thank-you for listening. Liske




Thanks for having a look at my blog I hoped you enjoyed it, Please leave a comment down below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment